Widgets for CA AppWorx
AscendoSoft offers Widgets for those common everyday CA AppWorx (formerly Applications Manager) tasks that can be difficult to automate or that you never quite find the time to focus on.
- It can be difficult to detect errors in scripts, which can cause delays in batch processing
- Scripts can be difficult to maintain and keep current
- Testing is difficult since environments often have different job definitions and hard-coded parameters
- installs quickly
- is fully object-oriented
- is fully parameterized to support all features
- supports full error-checking
File Actions Widget
The File Actions Widget plugs into Applications Manager to automate common file & directory actions. The job automates the following:
- Move files
- Copy files
- Xcopy files
- Rename files
- Delete files
- Create directories
- Remove directories
The WinZip widget automates compression/decompression of WinZip files. This is often a critical step in file transfer activities.
The PGP Widget automates file encryption/decryption – another process that is often critical to the file transfer process.
SQL Server Widget
The SQL Server Widget allows Application Manager to run scripts against SQL Server Databases. This is critical in processes such as automating data warehouse loads and integrating CCM with Fiserv DNA. It executes Transact-SQL jobs.
The WinSCP widget automates secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. For secure transfers, WinSCP uses Secure Shell and supports the SCP protocol in addition to SFTP.